This delicious chicken dish takes only 10 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to cook. It is a great dinner party option as it is easy to increase all the ingredients to serve any number of guests. Serve with coconut rice (below) and slices of orange to garnish.
1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
4 boneless chicken breasts, skin removed
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cm piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
Juice and rind of one large orange
Salt and black pepper
225g button mushrooms, washed and halved
2 bunches salad onions, trimmed and halved
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and pan fry the chicken for a couple of minutes then transfer to an ovenproof dish.
3. Mix together the honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and orange rind and juice and pour over the chicken.
4. Season lightly with salt and black pepper and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Now add the mushrooms and spring onions and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Serve with portion of coconut rice